Monday, April 27, 2009

Jeremiah 29

I was reading through Jeremiah 27-30 this morning, which tells of Jeremiah being sent to tell the Israelites that they were to go into captivity of the Babylonians, to not listen to false prophets to tell them not to go to Babylon, and then gives them the famous promise "For I know the plans I have for you, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope"...Jeremiah 29:11

The Lord spoke to me several things while I was reading this:

1. The path of God's will is not the easy one, the obvious one, nor the closest one -- it is just the "right" one, and His blessings follow those that stay on the course...

2. "Do not let your prophets and your diviners ....deceive you, for it is a lie that they are prophesying to you in my name" I count myself blessed to be under an anointed ministry, but it is important to be careful who I allow to prophesy and speak words into my life; whoever magnifies my "self-life," rather than my Spirit Life in Christ, should be rejected as a false prophet. It is in Christ that I am victorious over every enemy of my soul; it is in Christ alone I have everlasting, effervescent, energetic, and exceedingly abundant life.

3. God did allow Israel to go into captivity, and He did say in Jeremiah 30, "I will discipline you in just measure," but then He gives them hope that after 70 years, they will return from captivity and be once again blessed. He goes to say that those that did not obey His Words that came through the true prophet Jeremiah would not be blessed, but instead under a curse.

4. The Lord spoke to me about starting to write all these things down, whatsoever He is speaking fresh to me each day, Jeremiah 30:1, "Write in a book all the Words that I have spoken to you." I struggled with obedience to this word --why? i don't know---laziness? fear of failing somehow? an inability to begin? not sure about that one yet, but I confess it to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and know that He is faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness...praise God He's not finished with me yet :)