Thursday, November 25, 2010

Yorokobi!

{yorokobi = joy, delight, rapture in japanese}
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead... (I Peter 1:3)
To read this tonight struck such a chord of joy in me!
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord, Jesus Christ..."  yes, yes! how blessed we are!  as I look up into Your lovely face, I immediately get the focus off of what and where I am, the little detail foxes that spoil Your vine flourishing in me...Instead, a praise for You The glorious Trinity overflows my lips!
"According to His abundant mercy..."  oh, how deep is that mercy for me...how fully I realize His great sacrifice that I might have this entrance into His presence.  How amazing and overflowing is that fountain of forgiveness and grace as He continues to bubble up within me.
"Begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead"  beautiful beautiful exchange of the old nature for that fully new Spirit of You, God living within me! beautiful, beautiful sacrifice of you, Jesus, for me to once and for all have a loving and close relationship with You, Savior of my soul!