Saturday, January 24, 2009

My New Year


Well, it has been quite a while since I had a chance to write anything here. The holidays were all a blur with our trip to Georgia and Bec home from England, visits from family and friends.

I made some decisions this new year. I don't like to use the word "resolutions," because there is some connection in my brain between resolutions, and things that usually don't get accomplished. Not that there is this same connection in everyone else's brain, but still I know it's there in mine.

My first decision: to start being the Christian Christ calls us to be, instead of spending so much time learning/thinking/talking about being a Christian. This includes in my mind more time reaching out to the truly needy--those who have no one else to reach out to them, and are unable to reach out to others. Less time with those who already are fat with the knowledge of Christ, and more time with those who have very little hope.

Another thing: Not forsaking praying, (seeking His face always comes first), but then moving out in action. Lighting the candle instead of cursing the darkness. Making it count. Being the voice for those who have no voice. Doing what others are unable to do for themselves.

And the last thing (for now): spending time with Christians who are more focused on others than themselves; people who have Christ in their hearts, and move out in that anointing; Christians who are looking for ways to make a difference in this world.

Our pastor is always saying, "be the Christian you have always wanted to meet"...I still agree with this...

it's just that "the Christians I have always wanted to meet" has now been redefined in my heart and mind....

and, I believe, looks alot more like the Jesus that I am coming to know more personally each day.