Friday, October 3, 2008

A Lifestyle of Worship


Jesus, I am remembering the moment when I first met You,
and how I just wanted to do exactly what pleased You...

And now, I still want to be that fresh and up-to-date in Your presence

Because to love You
Is to obey You

It is not just the high-flying times of soaring in Your spirit
That gives you goose bumps,
Although I've experienced many wonderful moments like that...

It is the quiet commitment of a marriage....

The desire to communicate with the one you love,
Exclusively, unashamedly, and without reservation
In even the mundane happenings of my life...

To love You is to obey You (Your words, not mine)...

It is to bow in Your presence with humble, repentant heart,
Ready to move in more of You one moment...

And then to quiet myself in the awe of Your majesty the next.